Vacancy Reference: 18228
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Principal Accountant for the Belfast area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 37 hours per week, with an hourly rate of £12.24. This vacancy is expected to last until March 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The provision of high quality, reliable, accurate and timely financial information to others, both in departments and externally
- Assisting with the financial planning processes of government departments and agencies
- Ensuring the principles of resource accounting and budgeting are embedded within the department's financial and management systems and accounts
- The preparation of departmental Annual Report and Accounts and the preparation of consolidation packs to facilitate Whole of Government Accounts
- The development and implementation of financial systems to support financial management and reporting processes
- Provision of advice, guidance and direction on the implications of resource accounting and budgeting for the management of budgets, the in-year monitoring of expenditure, and the preparation of Estimates and Accounts
- Chartered Accountancy qualification
- Drafting annual reports & accounts in the Public Sector
- A fully qualified accountant
- 3 years post qualification experience
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Standard Access NI check at a cost of £18.00.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.