Vacancy Reference - 17614
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Project Manager to be based in Newtownards. This is a full time temporary ongoing role, Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5:00pm, £13.72 per hour. The following duties will be required -
* To assist the Senior Project Manager to design, manage onsite and co-ordinate Major Adaptations delivery in line with the Occupational Therapists recommendations. To assist the Senior Project Manager in the strategic delivery of an effective regional based Major Adaptations design and delivery.
* Carry out whole house surveys including drainage and site levels to facilitate the construction of Major Adaptations to the specification set out by the Occupational Therapist.
* Develop the required documentation for any statutory approvals in the development of Major Adaptations.
* To ensure Major Adaptations are delivered in accordance with the NIHE's policies and procedures and develop these further on an on-going basis to ensure that legislation and good practice are met.
* Leading on project management of major adaptations construction within agreed timeframes, quality and budget targets with minimum supervision.
* Brief consultants and contractors, negotiate appointments and ensure that the Major Adaptation is delivered on time and within budget in accordance with NIHE Policy and Procedures.
* Drawing up realistic timetables and ensuring projects meet time targets without compromising quality.
* To authorise works instructions within designated approval levels ensuring correct cost centre allocation, priority and appropriateness of works description, including the approval of variations in time and cost where necessary. Authorise invoices for payment.
* Deal with communications with the public including tenants, other professional and voluntary groups, statutory services and elected representatives necessary to the management of the area's stock.
* Be responsible for establishing a pro-active approach to the management of health, safety and welfare and encouraging a positive team culture for addressing health and safety issues
* Undertake other occasional duties which are consistent with the responsibilities of the post.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Candidates must meet one of the following requirements
* A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Building / Construction / Technical Discipline plus 2 years' relevant experience.
* A relevant BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma or qualification of an equivalent academic level plus 3 years' relevant experience in Building / Construction / Technical Discipline.
* Exceptionally, candidates who do not meet the qualification requirements, but who can demonstrate that they have 5 years' relevant experience within a Building / Construction / Technical Discipline may also be considered.
* Candidates must demonstrate their relevant experience in at least five of the following areas:
* Development of Major Adaptations in line with Occupational Therapists recommendations, including the provision of whole house surveys, drainage and site levels to facilitate Occupational Therapist specification.
* Providing detailed plans for relevant statutory applications, and the development of drawings for onsite use.
* Experience of using AutoCad or other drawing packages in the development of full working drawings
* Responsibility for designated budgets and ensuring proper financial controls are in place and that staff comply accordingly with planned delivery contracts
* Producing, recording and monitoring performance reports to ensure Key Performance Indicators are achieved.
* Working knowledge of NEC 3 Suite of Contracts
* Ensure that projects are properly managed and delivered in accordance with the Contract, NIHE policies and procedures, agreed targets, standards and procedures.
* Working in a governance controlled environment where you have provided assurance to your organisation.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of .00
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.