Vacancy Reference: 17414
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit a Project Manager for the Ballymena area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of £13.72 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
The duties of this position are -
* To ensure the planned maintenance service is delivered in accordance with the NIHE's policies and procedures and develop these further on an on-going basis to ensure that legislation and good practice are met.
* Leading on project management of complex and large projects to time, quality and budget targets and with minimum supervision.
* Briefing consultants and contractors, negotiating appointments and shaping the project. Being a strong professional client with clear requirements and able to lead a team to work together to achieve goals
* Drawing up realistic timetables and ensuring projects meet time targets without compromising quality
* Carrying out feasibilities and option appraisals and maintaining systems to monitor project costs. Preparing reports and spreadsheets showing how costs are apportioned
* Assessing risks and progressing schemes swiftly and systematically to overcome risks. Preparing and writing reports on schemes for Development Panel, Operations Committee and other internal approval panels
* Ensuring schemes are developed in accordance with agreed internal procedures, Tenants Services Authority requirements and the Association's Project Procedures Manual and design brief, and ensuring full compliance with the Association's Standing Orders and financial procedures
* A degree or an equivalent 3rd level qualification in a relevant Building/Construction Discipline plus at least 2 years' relevant post qualification experience.
* BTEC Higher or equivalent qualification plus at least 3 years' relevant post qualification experience.
For the purpose of shortlisting, candidates must demonstrate their relevant experience in at least eight of the following areas:
* Responsibility for designated budgets and ensuring proper financial controls are in place and to comply accordingly with planned maintenance contracts
* The collection, analysis and reporting of performance monitoring statistics detailing performance, quality and cost data and related information if required
* Producing, recording and monitoring performance reports to ensure Key Performance Indicators are achieved.
* The provision of technical advice and guidance on planned maintenance and contract related matters to a range of stakeholders
* Implementation of policies, processes and procedures for compliance
* Monitoring and undertaking corrective action of implemented polices, processes and procedures
* Leading, managing developing and motivating staff at all levels within a changing environment
* Working knowledge of NEC 3 Suite of Contract
* Ensure that projects are properly managed and delivered in line with the agreed targets, standards and procedures.
* Working in a governance controlled environment where you have provided assurance to your organisation.
* Experience in identifying risks, helping maintain a risk register and mitigating risk.
Benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment:
* Competitive weekly pay
* Positions exclusive to Kennedy Recruitment
* Chance to be considered for more desirable opportunities
* Ongoing training and support with our specialist Consultants
* Opportunity to progress your career with Kennedy recruitment
How to apply:
To be considered for this role click on the 'Apply' button and upload a copy of your CV. You can also call us on 028 9033 0555 to speak with a member of our team.
We look forward to speaking with you soon and discussing this opportunity, as well as the many benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted for the role may be contacted.
For this role Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business. Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18 will be required before commencement of this role. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
Under normal circumstances the successful candidate will start at the bottom of the scale and receive annual incremental pay increases. However, under our client's policy, there is flexibility to start at a higher point within the scale based on an applicant's previous salary. This can be discussed further at offer stage.